@RunCalcBot - Telegram bot which helps you in planning your running workouts
Your coach: today you do 15 minutes warming up, then 3 kilometers in 10 km pace, then 5 times of 400 meters in 5 km pace followed by 30 seconds rest, after 5 repetitions do a 1.5 km in easy pace and then 1.5 hours in marathon pace.
Your spouse: how long are you going to be away?
You: I have no idea :-( 2 hours. Maybe 3. Today’s training schema is quite complex. Oh… wait! Let me check my bot!
You: copy pasting and sending a message to the bot WU=5:00,T10=3:40,E=4:30,T5=3:30,Rest=10:00,M=4:00;15:00WU + 3T10 + 1.5E + 5 * (0.4T5 + 00:30Rest) + 1.5E + 1:30:00M
Bot: Estimated distance - 33.750, time - 02:19:00
You: honey, I’m going to be back in two and a half hours. It’s gonna be almost 34 kilometers
Your spouse: ok, I’ll call an ambulance
How it works
- add @RunCalcBot to your Telegram messenger
- write down your pace values as a pace block: Easy=5:00,Tempo10k=3:35,Tempo5k=3:25,Rest=10:00
- write down your training schema: 15:00Easy + 3Tempo10k + 1.5Easy + 5 * (0.4Tempo5k + 00:30Rest) + 1:30:00Easy
- combine pace block with training schema using ; and send it as a message to the bot: Easy=5:00,Tempo10k=3:35,Tempo5k=3:25,Rest=10:00;15:00Easy + 3Tempo10k + 1.5Easy + 5 * (0.4Tempo5k + 00:30Rest) + 1:30:00Easy
- bot replies you with estimated distance and duration of your workout
- pace name can be a single word and can’t start with a number
- training schema can use only pace names listed in the pace block
- training schema consists of multiple phases. Phases can be:
- time based: 15:00Easy - 15 minutes of easy pace, 1:30:00Easy - 1.5 hour of easy pace
- distance based: 3Tempo10k - 3 km/mile in 10 km pace, 0.4Tempo5k - 0.4 km/mile (400 meters) in 5 km pace
- repeated: 5 * (0.4Tempo5k + 00:30Rest) - 5 repetitions of two phases inside the brackets. Nested repetitions are not supported
- Application is hosted on a free hosting and to save costs goes offline from 00:00 till 07:00AM CET.
- If you still want your results open this link and wait for 15-20 seconds till app wakes up, shows “Ready to roll” message and sends you your results.
- Also let me know at @sandlex if you want to use app when it is normally not available and I may adjust a schedule.
If you don’t like bots you can use calculation engine as a standalone Java application as described here.